Your privacy is important to Transcendent Travel Services, LLC (“Transcendent”) or any of our affiliates (“we” “our” or “us”). This Privacy and Security Policy (“Policy”) explains how we will treat your personal information. By visiting this website, you are accepting the Policy. We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time. Your continued use of our services or those on www.transcendent-travel.com (“Website”) following such modification will be conclusively deemed acceptance by you of any changes to this Policy. The term “Third Party” used in this Policy means any entity other than us.
Collection of personal information from site users of our Website. Where practical we will collect personal information from you. Generally, this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email, text, social media or when you visit our Website. Without limitation, we may collect your personal information as follows:
- We may collect and/or track:
- your server domain names, e-mail addresses, IP addresses, type of computer, and type of web browser of visitors to the Website,
- the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us or the Website via e-mail,
- information knowingly provided by the visitor in person, writing, verbally or in online forms (including travel preferences, such as hotel selection, seat selection, meal requests, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and ticketing options), registration forms, surveys, and contest entries (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data),
- aggregate and user-specific information regarding page views and other online activities, and
- other information gathered through our weblogs, social media or other interactive forums. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to utilize the Website and/or to purchase products or services; complete a traveler profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; or initiate other transactions on the Website. When you make travel or other arrangements for someone else through the Website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences.
- We may place “cookies” on visitors’ hard drives. Cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, username, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Website, we may recognize the visitor by the cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly. Visitors may decline cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of their web client software, if available; however, this may impair certain features of the Website.
- When a visitor performs a search within the Website, we may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. We may also record information associated with every search request made by the visitor and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics. We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you specifically tell us otherwise.
- You may choose to access certain third party social media Web sites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media web sites.
Use of personal information collected. We will collect personal information that is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. We may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, such as:
- To communicate with you about your account, or to communicate information about the Website.
- To build higher quality, more useful services including, without limitation, specific areas of the Website.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the Website (such as account maintenance and record keeping), troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and to enforce our terms and conditions.
- To inform you about our services.
- Ancillary purposes, such as (among other things):
- Identification of fraud or error;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
- Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- To analyze trends in sales and travel destinations;
- For marketing activities; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
Disclosure of personal information to Third Parties. We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to Third Parties as follows:
- To facilitate a transaction or communication with a Third Party that you have initiated.
- To our agents and advisors (such contractors providing independent services, our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us.
- As we believe necessary to: 1) comply with law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); 2) enforce or apply our terms and conditions and rules and regulations and other agreements; or 3) protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others.
- If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any immoral, disruptive, illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- In aggregated form, i.e., information about multiple users collectively without identifying any individual user, such as the total number of visitors to the Website in a given week.
- We cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will never gain access to your transmissions or information, or that personal information will never be disclosed in ways not covered by this Policy.
- In connection with a transfer, reorganization, consolidation or otherwise, to a successor-in-interest to our organization or its other material assets.
Trans-Border data flows. In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant foreign Third Party service providers or our affiliates or licensees overseas. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers.
Security of information. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We use advanced technology to ensure security on all data transmitted via the Website. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used to transmit all data between browsers and our web server where applicable.
Opt-out. Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information collected or used by us for secondary purposes, or used by us to send promotional correspondence to the visitor, by us via email at: email@example.com. To the extent you choose to continue using the Website, however, we may use your personal information as may be reasonably necessary in connection with such use.
Third Party sites. The Website may contain links to other websites that we believe may offer useful information to visitors. Unless we explicitly state otherwise, we have no control over these Third Party sites and their privacy practices, and this Policy applies only to information you supply (or that we collect) in connection with use of the Website. You should review Third Party privacy policies in connection with visiting the sites.
Access to and ability to correct personal information. Upon written request via postal mail, personal delivery or e-mail, we will, within a reasonable time period, provide to visitors a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by us regarding the visitor, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
Feedback and complaints. We welcome your inquiries or comments about our Policy. Should you have any comments or complaints, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with this Policy.
All rights reserved.